Notion Ink is back ! Except this time it’s with Windows.
For those who do not remember, Notion Ink made a big splash when they announced their Adam Tablet. It carried a custom OS on top of the Android and it was simply a mind-blowing concept. However they ran into trouble with the final production version and the received not-so-glowing reviews. They followed it up with Adam II and the Nimbx tablet , both were good but did not garner much attention.
Now they are back with something that catches your attention straightaway. And this one looks very promising indeed. The Cain is a Windows 8.1 tablet at a very affordable price range. We found very few companies offering a full Windows 8 tablet and Notion Ink has a great opportunity to be successful here.
Another week is past us and here are the top tech news of this week!
1) News that matter the most to you… if you are in the United States that is. The FCC (the organization makes rules for the mobile operators) is now introducing a new net neutrality proposal. Many say that this can lead to mobile operators forcing you to pay for even the website you visit(else they will make it just a slow experience). We must wait and watch what happens next.
2) Microsoft Surface Pro tablet to release on May 20. The surface tablets are good, the surface pro are even better. The surface Pro 3 may be the software (and now hardware ) giants’ biggest attack on iPad to date. Watch our news for the details next week.
3) iOS 8 rumored to feature multi-tasking support. This feature is one of the oldest chinks in the armour of iOS. iPad and iPhone owners have been clamoring for this feature for ages, but if rumors are to be true, this will be a feature in the next major release of iOS.
We skipped a beat last week, but we are back!
This week’s top 3 tech news:
1) Apple buys Beats . A case of A eating B, Apple is acquiring the Music service/headphone maker for $3.2 billion. It’s a big win for Dr.Dre who founded the company. They were for a period owned by HTC , but of late they became more popular for their headphones. Exciting times await Apple fans!
2) Moto E to be launched this Monday. Finally the phone after a million odd leaks is to be launched this Monday. And it will be a Flipkart exclusive by the looks of it.
The Moto E will certainly have 1Gb of RAM, Kitkat OS, a 4.3-inch screen, 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, dual sim slots and a 5Mp camera. The screen resolution is the only thing that will be revealed on Monday Excpect the price to be in the INR 9000 range.
3) Oracle v/s Google Round 2. Somethings just don’t end. Like the battle between Oracle and Google for the use of Java in Android.
The US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) overturned a lower court’s decision that Oracle’s Java APIs weren’t copyrightable. So now Oracle will get to again try and sue Google for billions of dollars and this in turn may prompt other API owners to make a quick buck on unsuspecting customers.
Welcome to another edition of KYT. This week’s top 3 tech news:
1) Nokia – Microsoft : A done deal. Microsoft now owns the mobile division of Nokia, and with this MS becomes a very large hardware manufacturer. Apart from two factories which were excluded from the deal – one in Chennai,India, another in Masan all assets of Nokia were transferred over to Microsoft. With this though the iconic Nokia brand will retire from Mobile phones.
2) More details of Moto X successor emerge. This time thanks to the popular bench marking tool GLX Bench. Below are the details. This looks like the specs of any top end phone these days, but the interesting software tweaks are what one should look forward to in the Moto X +1
3) A legend comes true.
Excavators in a dig at an Alamagordo, New Mexico have found the fabled copies of the 1982 Atari 2600 cartridge E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. There was a legend that Atari had dumped thousands of copies of this game which had flopped in the market. It turns out they did!
It’s the third week of April and here are this week’s top tech news!
1) Motorola set to bring back it’s good ol’ days. Moto E will be the phone that will remind us of Motorola’s hey days with the RAZR. Why? Not because of its specs, but it’s dimensions. 124.8 x 64.8 x 6.2mm . For comparison the “thin” iPhone 5 is 7.6 mm. It will host a 5MP primary camera, a 1.2GHz dual core processor,1,900mAh battery, FM radio, and Android 4.4 KitKat. Another hit in the making?
2) The numbers are out and the winner is… well, we don’t have a final winner in the XBOX One v/s Sony PS4. But Sony PS4 is indeed in the lead as of this month. Sony reported 7 millions PS4s sold which is very impressive. XBOX too has pulled in good numbers at 5 million units sold. Guess the battle for supremacy will rage on!
3) Amazon smartphone. This year finally?? The rumor mills have been at it for years together. But this year we could finally see the fabled Amazon smartphone. BGR. The most snazzy feature of this phone? Its 3D software interface and the way it does 3D. Not by making the user wear 3D glasses. It will use a total of 4 front facing cameras to give the 3D feel to the user. A very interesting feature which could have a lot of early tech adopters rushing to… Amazon.com to purchase this. Expect the launch in the next couple of months.
Yes, definitely it is coming this year. Probably, we might be treated with two of them! Here is a consolidated list of the iPhone 6 rumors running around the world.
Sorry for the slightly delayed KYT post. But here are the past week’s top tech news!
1) Google Glass to go on sale for a single day. Priced at $1500 it is certainly not cheap, but hey! it’s from the future. So grab it while you can!
Read more here : https://plus.google.com/+GoogleGlass/posts/HaUCDHtRvcn
2) Heartbleed for SSL. The heartbleed issue was discovered in OpenSSL, which is a software used for security on popular web servers. With OpenSSL, websites can provide encrypted information to visitors, so the data transferred cannot be seen by others while it goes from your computer to the website. All this works on a secure key present on the server. Through heartbleed an external user can get his hands on this key and decrypt all your secure data such as passwords. The patch is already been in place in most of the popular servers, but no one knows as to how much data is already compromised.
3) The Lenovo S660 gets launched while Moto G gets offers. Looks like Moto G does have some competition finally. Lenovo launched it’s 1.3GHz quad core ,phone with 1Gb of RAM and an 8MP camera to boast of at INR 14000. Flipkart meanwhile announced this …
This week’s top tech news:
1) Microsoft unveils Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 : Microsoft showcased its latest operating systems and as expected they bring in a host of improvements in every sphere. You can read more about it here. The most exciting of which is the Digital Assistant named Cortana.
2) Amazon Fire TV : Amazon launched it’s FIRE TV , a streaming media set-top box which will stream videos from Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, YouTube, Netflix and a bunch of other services. It starts at 99$ and looks very promising.
3) 2 interesting leaks: Google seems to have its own plans to relaunch Google TV, this time as Android TV according to The Verge it has its hands on documents which detail this and it is soon to be launched.
Motorola too seems to be busy, preparing the second generation Moto X
Motorola announced the Moto360 smartwatch on March 18, 2014
The Moto 360 will be powered by Google’s Android Wear OS. They are going for a Moto X like strategy , giving beautiful looking hardware with great customizability.
Moto 360 keeps you on time and up to date without taking you out of the moment or distracting you, telling you what you need to know before you know you need it through subtle alerts and notifications. With just a twist of the wrist you can see who’s emailing or calling, what time your next meeting is or a friend’s latest social post.
We made our foray into food
Coming to the tech news of the week
1) Facebook buying spree continues. This time it spent $2 billion on Oculus, the folks whose vision is to bring Virtual Reality into your living home. The deal will be completed with $400 million in cash and 23.1 million shares of Facebook stock being exchanged with the owners of Oculus. We see Facebook continuing to use it’s shares as a leverage point for most of the deals going forward.
2) Microsoft Office releases for iPad : In a big move , the software giant has released it’s Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and One Note) in the Apple Store. It quickly moved to the top spots as it is free to download( you can view your documents freely, to edit them you need a office 365 subscription).
3) Blackberry 10.3 OS leaked. The next major update was leaked last week and we even had a post on that! It will bring in some UI color changes (blue will be replaced with Red) , a new voice assistant and a lot of spit and shine.
Impostor Android game is a game where in the user is expected to keep track of the impostor and separate it from the rest of the pieces. The game is claimed to be a Brain Training Game, with a simple interface involving just an occasional tap. It is a game to kill time and it might help you to focus better.
Tech Tikka readers,
I’ve got some heart touching songs that you guys gotta listen to. These are beautiful melodies that touch my heart, stirs my emotions and brings out the deepest feelings inside me (and will probably do the same to ya’ll too!). Get a tissue and start listening.